Lafayette School District
Our students are prepared to be creative, responsible, productive citizens in an ever-changing global society.
We embrace a rigorous, comprehensive curriculum to provide a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment. We commit to meet the needs of all students, to foster continuous learning and to promote respect.
2011-2012 Lafayette School District Goals
- Deepen and expand the implementation of Thinking Strategies in classroom practice using the framework of the Common Core Standardsto improve the critical thinking in student writing (New York Writing Project), reading comprehension, and mathematical problem-solving in grades K-8. [Student Achievement]
- Deepen and expand the implementation of Response to Intervention to ensure that all students are receiving the necessary supports and services in the classroom and outside the classroom to achieve mastery of the state and district standards. [Student Achievement]
- Continue to engage in Data-Based Inquiry to solve problems, fill gaps and improve practice. [Student Achievement, Technology]
- Conduct a Strategic Planning review, revision and recommitment process.
Other Priority Initiatives
- Deepen and expand the use of powerful mathematical thinkingK-8; integrate use of formative assessments. [Student Achievement]
- Continue implementing the key components of the District Technology Plan that directly impact teaching and learning activities. Ensure students have a common and equitable technology experience at each school and specific grade level, and teachers employ and integrate current technology resources to support student mastery of curriculum standards[Student Achievement, Technology]
- Maintain a comprehensive Budgeting Process with frequent monitoring, communication and exploration of opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancement. [Finance]
Important Initiatives for Future Implementation
- K-5 Foreign Language Program. [Globalization]
- Explore means to implement our Fields and Outdoor Facilities Master Plan.[Facilities]
Reinforce and Monitor
- Continue the implementation of CATCH, standards-basedPhysical Education program, grades K-5 [Healthy Kids-Healthy Adults]
- Continue the implementation of Character Counts! and Challenge Success, grades K-8[Globalization, Healthy Kids-Healthy Adults]
- Maintain two hours of uninterrupted core instructional time, grades 1-5. [Student Achievement]
- Continue to refine the Fall and Spring Writing/Scoring/Planning Process. [Student Achievement]
- Maintain focus on wellness throughout the district. [Healthy Kids – Healthy Adults]
- Increase communication and collaboration with partner organizations to align priorities and refine processes for the allocation of resources.[Finance]